Blenheim and Wairau Plains
Marlborough is one of the world's finest wine-producing regions. Over 50 wineries compete on the national and international stage to produce award-winning wines, including varieties such as sauvignon blanc, chardonnay and methode champenoise.
- Vineyard Tours - fully organized wine tours or self guided by private transport.
- Boutique Brewries / Gourmet Food - Taste the province's own unique brews and excellent produce
- Adventure - 4 wheel driving, horse trekking, white water rafting, mountain biking, skiing, hunting, and fishing
- Gardens - Take some time along the way to visit public parks or the host of private gardens whose owners are happy to share them with you.
A visit to Marlborough is not complete without taking in the vistas of the sounds. These sheltered waters, made up of the Queen Charlotte, Pelorus and Kenepuru Sounds, provide the perfect environment for sailing, cruising, fishing, diving, sea kayaking and viewing marine life.
- Boat cruise - view varied sights from friendly dolphins to industry such as mussel and salmon farms.
- Hiking - multi-day Queen Charlotte Track is one of New Zealand's best coastal walks.
- Kayaking - take a guided or independent trip from Picton